News & Events
Department Vision and Mission
The Department of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation (AEI) began functioning in the college in 1994 since its inception; graduating students have been well placed in reputed establishments across the world. Presently the Department is having an annual intake of 30.
Instrumentation Engineering is a branch of engineering dealing with Measurement, Control and Automation of Processes. Instrumentation Engineers are essentially responsible for Designing, Developing, Installing, Managing and Maintaining Systems which Monitor Parameters for the Automated Control of Processes. The Automation Systems in the Industrial Sectors are rapidly being enhanced and the demand for highly skilled Instrumentation Engineers is on the rise. Moreover in the manufacturing sector, there is always demand for well-trained Instrumentation Engineering graduates.
Syllabus of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering covers the following thrust areas during the course of the B-Tech Degree Programme.
- Robotics, Mechatronics, MEMS and Industrial Automation
- Sensor Calibration and Maintenance
- Measurements and Industrial Instrumentation
- Process Control and Power Plant Instrumentation
- Biomedical Instrumentation and Biomedical Imaging Techniques
- VLSI Design and Embedded Systems
- Signal and Image Processing
- Analog and Digital Communication Systems
- Industrial and Power Electronic Systems
The Department have highly qualified and technically talented faculty in the area of Instrumentation, Control, Signal Processing and Electronics. Laboratories with excellent facilities are one of the major highlights of the department. Labs include modern automation softwares like PLC Simulators, SCADA, LabView etc. and hardware platforms like Robotics Work Station, PLCs, Process Control Stations etc. We refine our lab facilities often to match the current trends in the industrial world. We motivate and provide immense opportunities for the students to inherit state-of-the-art trends and technologies. The department also provide Industrial and Practical training programs and workshops for students to familiarize with the industrial practices and applications and thus bridging the gap between the academia and industry.
Our Alumni are Well Employed in various Public, Private and Overseas sectors and the network covers all major countries across the globe. Some of our major recruiters are listed below:
- DRDO, ISRO, BHEL, ONGC, SAIL, KRL, FACT, Indian Railways, BSNL, KSEB....
- Allen Bradley, Honeywell, Yokogawa, CISCO, Siemens, Ge, Mistubishi, L&T, Robert Bosch, Malabar Cements, Sun Fiber Optics, Avlon Technologies, Thoshiba, Johnson, Samsung, ....
- Takreer, Gasco, Adnoc, Aramco, Etisalat, Emirates, Pacific Controls, Draeger, Deva, Panasonic....
- Microsoft, Infosys, Wipro, TCS US Software, IBS, Accenture, Cognizant, FACE....